Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is Fashionrexia?

It's time to face the moment of truth ladies and gentlemen...ARE YOU..yes YOU suffering from FASHIONREXIA?
I know what your thinking.. what the hell is a fashionrexia? Well fashionrexia is a term for someone who skips buying essential things they need like food, to buy... well.. clothes or anything fashion related that can point them in the direction of the newest trend. Sadly, I have discovered that I am what some would consider, an "in denial" victim to awful but I believe, a fantastic disease.
I started to notice I was adopting the characteristics of a "fashionrexic" when stumbled upon a small crossroad in my life. I was down to the last few bucks and hungry so, I decided to walk to the grocery store and spend all I had left from my crappy paycheck on a cheap box of popcorn(I know) ..Well, As I waited in line to check out I caught myself in a trance reading the newest issue of Vogue, but this was not any Vogue this was one featuring the Fall Gucci Legging Boots in the centerfold.
O. M. G. I thought to myself I need to have this magazine to add to my ridiculous collection under my bed. As I approached the rude gum smacking checkout lady with the awful blue eyeshadow(who's outfit could be another hilarious story in itself) ..I had to quickly ponder, buy the Vogue or popcorn? Well after a very intense 5 seconds of weighing the pros and cons, I came to the conclusion that the Vogue was more important..Duh. Well to make a long story short.. I'm starving right now as I write this confession..but at least I have my Vogue.